The QBA Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Saturday 14th August, 2021, 4pm, at the Sunnybank Community Sport Club Boardroom.
All positions will be declared vacant and nominations previously received will be tabled for election onto the committee.
Representatives from all financial bands are welcome to attend and participate in the meeting.
The following positions are available:
- Vice President
- Committee Member (x4)
Nomination and Proxy Forms are available:
Please consider the points below when discussing the QBA Annual General Meeting with your band members:
- In order for the QBA to foster growth in community banding and continue to host State and National Championships, QBA Youth Band, Workshops for conducting and drum majoring etc, we require committed and interested people to become members of the management committee. Our constitution allows for eleven (11) committee members including Executive Members, and there are currently 6 General Committee Member positions available on the committee for 2021/22 for any interested individuals. You do not have to be a member of an affiliated band to nominate. [QBA Constitution 4.3 (a)]
- Nomination Forms are due in the Secretary's hands by Saturday 31 July 2021. They require a nominating association and a seconding association – financially affiliated with the QBA.
- Distance is no barrier to becoming a member of the QBA as our current QBA Vice President, Jason Curtis, has been a member of the QBA since 2016. Jason lives in Townsville and attends all QBA meetings online via Microsoft Teams. General Committee Members are welcome from all corners of the state as Microsoft Teams enables you to attend virtually online and be involved in your state banding body! Please feel free to reach out if you are interested.
- Meetings are held on the second Saturday of the month, usually from 2:30pm-4:30pm, in the Boardroom at the Sunnybank Community Sports Club, with a Microsoft Teams Meeting hosted within the room, so that regional members can attend remotely/virtually.
- Each member of committee is encouraged to take on an area of 'responsibility' which aligns with their expertise or interest. This helps to spread the workload of the association and facilitate a team effort.
- The QBA committee are the hosts of State and National Championships and play an integral role in the running of the event. All QBA Committee members give of their time voluntarily to support the running of these important events.
- The QBA is affiliated with the National Band Council of Australia and QBA President, Annette Ries, works closely with the NBCA on developing community banding throughout Australia as the NBCA Councillor for QLD.
We look forward to receiving all nominations and proxy forms over the coming weeks. The QBA would love to see enthusiastic and committed individuals from across QLD coming on board, as it is always a team effort. Distance is no barrier to becoming a committee member!
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions or concerns, or would like to get an idea of how you can be actively involved and contribute to the fantastic banding community in QLD.